Moving to Nashville was the best decision I ever made. I was raised in Arkansas and Louisiana and then lived 20 years in New York City and Los Angeles with travels all over the world. Now that I’m settled in Nashville, I can see that it really is the best of all worlds.
The original reason for my move was to have a higher standard of living for much less money than I was paying in NY and LA. I used this calculator from CNN to discover that my income would go almost 50% farther in Nashville compared to Los Angeles.
Once I made the move, it was quickly confirmed that the calculator was right. I was able to rent a beautiful home for $1000 less a month than my Los Angeles apartment. I even got a BONUS ROOM! Seriously, in NYC and LA, we don’t get bonus rooms! lol.
After I set up my Nashville home and started venturing out, I really started to see what makes Nashville so special. It’s a big city with small town charm.
- Warm, friendly people – Nashville-Nice will surprise you at first if you’re not from around here. People are genuine and friendly! You’ll be striking up conversations with strangers in no time…
- Music – Music City is the home to an incredible array of music. The home of Country Music, Nashville is also bustling with notable acts in others genres including Rock, Folk, Americana, Jazz, Blues, and Classical. Great venues like the Ryman Auditorium, Bridgestone Arena, The Grand Ol’ Opry, The Bluebird Cafe, among others… attract local and touring shows alike. If you love music, this is your town.
- Culture – Nashville is a cultural melting pot with over 120 languages spoken in the Nashville Public Schools. This diversity strengthens our community.
- Great restaurants – With all those different cultures, you get great food! Down-home cooking, authentic ethnic restaurants, excellent BBQ, and a number of notable upscale dining hot-spots, Nashville has food for every taste and budget.
- Technology – A hub of technology, Google has begun laying thousands of miles of state-of-the-art fiber optic cable for Google Fiber which is coming soon.
- Healthcare – If you need to see a doctor or go to a hospital in the Nashville area, you get the best of the best. Beyond the world renowned, Vanderbilt Medical Center and Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital, Nashville is also home to Baptist Hospital, St. Thomas Hospital, and Centennial Medical center. Nashville is also the headquarters of 16 publicly traded companies specializing in healthcare, generating more than $73B in revenue and contributing more than 250,000+ jobs locally.
- Outdoor activities – If you love hiking, water sports, boating, biking, kayaking, and WATERFALLS. Nashville is going to make you very happy. You can live on a property near one of the stunning lakes, or take a quick 20 minutes drive from downtown Nashville and find yourself in serene forest.
Moving to Nashville
If you’re looking to learn more about all this wonderful city has to offer, this website is a great place to start.
I recommend that you begin with my Everybody Loves Nashville Neighborhood Guide to acquaint yourself with the different areas of town, but the best way to get info about this great city, is to give me a call at (615) 500-9513. I would love to answer any questions you have…